How is it going peeps?
I just read a post on the warrior forum from someone who is considering giving up on internet marketing and so I decided to do a little post to motivate you. I know a lot of people may want to give up on internet marketing because they are not getting the results that they want. I know because I’ve been there!
Do you ever feel that way?
Do you find that you are working very hard but still can’t get those sales? Maybe you get a sale every now and then but the reality is that its not enough to make ends meet. I know exactly what you are going through. When I just started online it took me a while to figure some stuff out. To be honest with you, I still have a ton more to figure out as well.
Don’t Give Up On Your Dreams
What if Bill Gates had give up on his dreams when he dropped out of school?
What if Michael Jordan gave up because he did not make his high school basket ball team?
Do you see where I am going? If you have a dream, you need to work towards achieving it. Ocourse there will be countless roadblocks and hindrances in your way. But that’s what makes success so much sweeter when you overcome them. Internet marketing can be compared to any other thing in life. It is not a walk over and there will always be something in your way.
What you need to do is to adapt and move on.
On a more specific note, if you want internet marketing to work for you then you have to focus on one thing at a time and track just about everything you do. If you want to learn article marketing then go ahead but master if before you move on to ppc. You may FAIL at first but at least you will no what not to do the next time around.
So here are some little pointers I want to share with you:
1. Stay away from the markets that everyone else are running into – you know the make money online, the weight loss etc. btw, how can you go into the make money online niche to teach people how to make money if you can’t do it yourself? There are so many niches out there waiting for you to grab them.
2. Choose one method of marketing and master it before moving on – Article marketing, ppc marketing, video marketing etc etc. My advice though is that you start out with free methods and learn how to really market and make sales before you start to invest in paid advertising. This will help to prevent that big hole in your pockets that often happen to IM newbies who are eager to make money online but don’t have the patience to learn how to do it right!
3. Go for low competition keywords – do try to rank sites or do ppc on keywords such as ‘golf clubs’. Instead, focus on the longer tailed keywords such as ‘how to improve golf swing’. The longer tailed keywords are much easier to rank for and they also convert much better.
4. Always keep track of what you are doing. It’s about working smarter and not harder. Keeping track of what you do helps you know what is working from what is not. That way you can stick to what works and drop what doesn’t. Ever heard about the 80:20 rule?
5. Whatever you are doing, make sure you are in it to help people. Once you truly start helping people, the money will come. People want solutions to their problems and they will pay to get it. However, you must prove to them that they can trust you and you are the best person to give them what they are looking for.
I am not going to tell you that internet marketing is easy. I personally know that it is very hard and when you don’t see those sales coming in, it can be very frustrated. However, it is very important that you don’t give up. The moment you give up is the moment you fail.
Don’t give up SUCCESS is just around the corner, you just need to open the door and let it in!
have a great week.